Posted on December 31, 2012 by Michael
I’ll hit the high points:
- Rush Limbaugh said women who have ‘too much’ sex are sluts. Conservatives doubled down for some stupid reason.
- NASA landed its rover. Everyone loved the guy with the mohawk.
- The Olympics were okay.
- Nate Silver used science and math and junk to accurately predict the election. Republicans ignored this devil magic, finding themselves hugely shocked the day after the election.
- Speaking of which, that skinny fella won re-election, beating out that cliche bad guy character who, I presume, wanted to bulldoze a beloved children’s playground to make way for a strip mall.
- I am in Argentina, so it’s actually the middle of the month as I write this (scheduled) post. I presume we saw a last minute deal on this fiscal cliff stuff. If not, I may just stay in Argentina.
Filed under: Misc | Tagged: Year in review | Leave a comment »
Posted on December 30, 2012 by Michael
So here’s a neat picture:
I don’t have much to add to this because there is already an excellent review of this creature, but I will note that our ancestors lived alongside these huge cousins of ours for about half a million years. Also, it is not Bigfoot.
Filed under: Evolution | Tagged: Gigantopithecus | 4 Comments »
Posted on December 27, 2012 by Michael
I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again: It delights me when theists attempt to call atheism a religion. It isn’t because it is – of course it isn’t. It’s because inherent in their attempt is an implied invalidation of atheism. Why, if I prove it’s religious in nature, then it loses credibility.
I fully realize that theists don’t intend to insult religion like that, but there’s no way around it. And I agree with what they’ve done. If something is religious in nature, if it’s underpinned by the odiousness of faith, then it does lose credibility.
Filed under: Misc | Tagged: religion, Thought of the day | 1 Comment »
Posted on December 25, 2012 by Michael
I mean, seriously. I have got to update this picture.
Filed under: Misc | Tagged: Merry Christmas | 1 Comment »
Posted on December 24, 2012 by Michael
I admit it. I like Christmas music. Even the Jesus-y stuff. In fact, I think most people enjoy it, but it has become popular to get a few seconds of attention by making a big deal out of how much a person hates it.
Filed under: Misc | Tagged: Bing Crosby, Christmas music | 5 Comments »